Tuesday, March 15, 2011

5% goal reached! Hooray!

Today was my first weigh-in at Weight Watchers.
In two weeks I've lost 10.8 lbs, though that number may be a little off as I did not have a chance to eat anything before our meeting (oh the loveliness of early morning dental appointments!). Everyone was surprised--I guess that is not really typical at all, even though it is normal to lose more the first two weeks of the program. So I have reached my 5% goal already! YAY! (That means I've lost 5% of my starting weight).
I know that this will not be the case as time goes on--I have no lofty notions of losing 5 pounds every week! I do not think that is probably healthy!! I am hoping that I will do what is average on the program--about two pounds a week.
I have worked very hard at measuring my food and I think that made a big difference. I even ate out four times (highly irregular--usually we eat out once a month or not at all!) in the past two weeks without it causing too much difficulty with the Points system. And my homemade pizza, which is 7 points a slice, was even worked into that two weeks! If I get a craving for something sweet I pacify it with a piece of bread and a little bit of honey. Yum! Very filling too.
I have also been doing the 30 day shred with Jillian Michaels DVD, apparently she is on The Biggest Loser which I have not seen, but she is tough! I am doing the very easiest level and am pretty much sweating profusely and hurting by the end of the 20 minute workout! Oh but it is a good hurt!
Speaking of which I should go do my 20 minutes right now! I really do not want to return this DVD to the library! :)
Hoping to post some non-weight related news soon!
~Sunshine~

No comments:

Post a Comment