Wednesday, March 30, 2011

sigh....

I missed my weigh-in this week because I felt awful all day yesterday. Thankfully today I am fine. Last week I had lost a grand 1.6 lbs....but at least it was a loss!

I asked my husband if he could notice that I'd lost 12 pounds, because I sure didn't! He said my arms are smaller. It's true! and lately I've noticed my rings are pretty loose. So while I am pleased I am losing weight and loving how I feel after exercising, why is it that I am losing from my hands and arms and not from places I'd like to lose weight, like, say, my middle?! Well, hopefully pretty soon there will be nothing left to lose from those areas and I'll just have to burn fat from elsewhere, right? RIGHT????

I've really been enjoying the workout videos I check out from the library. My favorite is Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred. Unfortunately other library patrons also seem to love it and I am now third on the waiting list to get it back! I also do her "Trouble Zones" workout, that works a lot on the arms (hmmmmmmmm), abs, and er, posterior. I also do "Walk Away the Pounds" but that's more moderate...a nice way to cool down.

My friend from church who is doing the program with me was brave enough to suggest we work out together early on Tuesday and Thursday mornings after our small group Bible Study. It's going great so far! So nice to have someone else sweating through it with me!

Our college student (we are hosting a friend of mine while she does her internship in our town) has said she wants to start running, and I would like to join her. It's been a long time since I ran any distance. No better way than to just jump right in, right?

In non weight loss news, I am leading our new Women's Bible Study tonight. We are reading "Disciplines of a Godly Woman" by Barbara Hughes. We're only in the second chapter but I love it so far. It's given us a lot of discussion material and I feel like this book is really going to provide us not only a solid Biblical foundation for life, but helping us to better understand our role as women in this world. If you haven't read it, I highly recommend it.

Hoping to write something more exciting soon!

~Sunshine~

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your loss....anything is better than nothing, and it's *especially* better than a gain! Good for you for even thinking of going running. Wow - even seeing someone else running tires me out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anne! It has been an adventure so far! Our college student's internship has been keeping her too busy to run this week but we'll see what happens next week! Thanks for checking in! :)

    ReplyDelete