Thursday, March 31, 2011

If you need a little laugh

This happened a few months ago, but I thought of it again today and just wanted to share.
I was at my pastor's house. They have two young girls (E, 5; H,3) and baby boy D (will be 1 soon). D was napping and the girls, pastor's wife J, and I were eating lunch. J got up suddenly and said that D was crying and she was going to get him up.
E looks at me, concerned. "I didn't hear him!" she said, surprised.
Then, sudden comprehension dawning....."oooooooh," she said slowly, smiling, "My ears are too short."

Hope that made you smile!

~Sunshine~

2 comments:

  1. You should have heard her today, too. One of the recent things they are studying at school is measuring. She had an assignment to measure "how many pencils her mom is." Turns out, I'm nine pencils tall. Well, her teacher at school is shorter than me. So when the class measured her teacher and found that she was only eight pencils tall, E deduced that since I am 30 years old, her teacher surely must be 29.

    She also wanted to know what the little spices in the ranch dressing were tonight at supper. She decided that she needed a magnifying glass to see them. And then she rethought: "I wish I was a mouse so I could see things that small."

    Thanks for sharing! That was a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I hope you are writing all of these down! Thanks for sharing and making me smile too! See you Thursday! :D

    ReplyDelete